Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Boston: The New Tinseltown?


In the past few years, major motion pictures have been filmed in and around or based upon the Boston area. Hollywood studios almost set up an east coast shop here in our own backyard of Plymouth MA. Besides the occasional cringe at the attempt to master the profound accent of the area, I know that I am not alone by being excited to see local spots, shops, and scenery on the big screen. Although I am not from the city of Boston myself, I do feel sense of hometown pride while watching say, Goodwill Hunting, The Departed, Mystic River, Gone Baby Gone, The Town (just to name a few)

A highly anticipated movie, set to be released on the 10th of December, does whoever, take place right in my own backyard. Based and filmed in Lowell, MA, "The Fighter" gives us the true story of an Irish family struggling between sibling rivalry, athleticism, fame, and the impact of drugs.


David O'Russell directs an all star cast which includes hometown hero, Mark Wahlberg,as well as Christian Bale and Amy Adams. I'm sure this movie will be a big hit here at home, as well as nation wide. Hope to see you at the theaters!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. Now they just need to make a movie about me.

    ReplyDelete