Friday, October 22, 2010

Hiking in the White Mountains

Hiking during foliage is awesome.

While hiking right now, you´ll see the last leaves amazingly colored on the trees. Passing lakes, streams and the wilderness offers great views of landscape.

For a short day hike to a shelter or a hut, I recommend hiking on the Wild River Trail to the Perkins Notch Shelter. The trail is really diversified including the difficulty level. If it has rained, it can get muddy and the streams are hard to cross but if the weather is nice, this trail is amazing. Next to the shelter is a pond where you can get your water and you can even have a campfire. This campfire helps you to stay warm if you face freezing temperatures at night. Therefore make sure you have good equipment.


So, think of spending one unforgettable weekend in the White Mountains to relax and enjoy the beautiful nature of New England.

13 comments:

  1. Foliage is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the white mountains.. I went last summer, but I'd love to see it now with the foliage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm driving through the white mountains
    last week during the foliage. Great! I have found snow and ice on mount washington.

    ReplyDelete
  4. During fall, foliage is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures Karin! I love fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful pictures from a very beautifull part of our world

    ReplyDelete
  7. During fall and nice weather I can recommend to everybody the white mountains

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've hiked and camped in this area. See my pictures at:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/r_shansky/sets/72157602749129422/comments/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love sleeping outside this time of year. It's so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Bear Notch is wonderful during fall ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous12/07/2010

    Attitash and North Conway are also attractions in the White Mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1/19/2011

    Nice place, I can´t forget it!

    ReplyDelete