Thursday, October 21, 2010

Who Wants to Howl?



Before I get to the bulk of this post, let me just express my excitement that the Bruin's home games have officially begun!! Tickets can be found from reasonable rates online (or for those who are daring, scalpers), to the luxurious and all around better expensive seats. In all honestly, there is not a bad seat at the TD Garden, so be sure to check out a game, or ten.

This past week, some of the ladies behind Basically Boston, including myself, ventured into Boston's financial district, to a dueling piano bar called Howl at the Moon . Howl, is a franchise that can be found throughout the USA, as well as internationally. Boston's own Howl is still new to town, only having been open since August of this year.

Piano bars are not common in Boston, or in this day and age really. But do not be fooled.. this place is outstanding!! On stage you will find two pianists playing crowd favorites (and with a tip, some requests!) and pretty much whatever they want to play. Of course you will hear Billy Joel and Sir Elton (which is excellent), but one can hear new renditions of The Killers, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga etc.

Howl at the Moon also holds a second, bottom level floor for more space for everyone from college students, investment bankers, CEOs, and your grandparents to freely shake their stuff. Stocked with a full bar, there is heavy emphasis on unwinding with an icy beverage. The bartenders also offer giant 84oz buckets and 24oz drinks of delicious tropical drinks that will surely quench your thirst.

After going once, I will openly admit that I am addicted. As the night goes on (drinks or no drinks) one can find themselves getting progressively more involved in singing along, dancing, and just having an amazing time. The performers are super talented and have quite the sense of humor. The guys even let us plug this here blog (thanks again!), after we were brought up on stage to dance the macarena.

Unfortunately my camera recorded some awesome video, but forgot to record the audio. Since I cant give you all the audio to hear the great performances and to see my really cool dance moves, you will just have to check out Howl at the Moon for yourself. I really can't stress enough how fun, awesome, unique, wild, and great this place is. If you haven't been yet: GO. If you already have: Let's go back tonight.


5 comments:

  1. I'm secretly glad the audio doesn't work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/23/2010

    i LOVE howl at the moon - my friend introduced me to this place right after it opened and it has become our favorite hot spot. we don't go there every week, but fairly often. definitely worth a trip =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s truly a great place. Perhaps, we could put the video on with the macarena soundtrack added. I wanna see again how we outperformed the guys on stage ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katharina10/25/2010

    it's such a fun place, I can really recommend it! went there on one of my first nights here in boston and had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10/27/2010

    seems awesome! id definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete