Sunday, December 5, 2010

Slutcracker vs. Nutcracker

*Please note: This play is not offensive in any way shape or form, but does contain adult nudity, and may not be suitable for all ages*



The Slutcracker combines the art of burlesque, comedic relief, and holiday cheer into a fun filled night of dancing, beauty, and laughs.

Currently, the Slutcracker will be performed at The Somerville Theatre, in Davis Sq (Somerville) throughout the evening hours from Dec 3rd-24th. So, take a night off from shopping and worrying about the holidays and enjoy some funny, beautiful, and talented girls' spin on this holiday classic.

But, at the same time, there is also the traditional holiday show by the Boston Ballet which will be suitable for all ages and will be a promising and unique family event.

The Boston Ballet will be performing the classic holiday story The Nutcracker at the Boston Opera House throughout december. This show evokes a holiday atmosphere and winter feelings for the whole family. Enjoy the magical journey!



I suggest going to both performances and forming your own opinion about how differently the traditional story by E.T.A. Hoffmann can be interpreted.

Videos Slutcracker and Nutcracker Via YouTube.

4 comments:

  1. I really want to see the Slutcracker!! I love burlesque style dancing.
    I love your blog ladies, this is a great resource for the area! I'm from southern NH but used to reside in Reading. I will definitely be back! feel free to stop by my blog, I have a lifestyle site - it features fashion, local events I go to, travel, and cocktails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/06/2010

    It´s a good idea to go to both performances. Hope I´ll find enough time to form my own opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just attended the Nutcracker last friday. It was one of the best performances I`ve ever seen. Since it is a neat children`s play, it is full of humor, great effects and fast pacing. The dancers - especially the children - were impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came back from the Slutcracker. It is a very entertaining and amusing show. I enjoyed most the performances and great choreographies perfectly matching the music. Get tickets soon if you haven´t done so!

    ReplyDelete